Delicious pear carries this scrumptious recipe, a hit for any season.
All you need to know
Cheesecake - 250g gingernuts
- 140g butter, softened
- 1 packet Jellyologist Pear Jelly Mix
- 2/3 C apple juice
- 1/3 C caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 250g cream cheese
- 200ml cream
Lime Poached Pears - 2 firm but ripe pears
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 150ml water
Cheesecake - Whizz gingernuts in a food processor (or place in plastic bag and hit with a rolling pin until crumbs).
- Mix with softened butter then press into a 20cm springform tin, making a small rim up the side.
- Heat apple juice until nearly boiling. Add jelly mix and stir to dissolve. Let cool slightly.
- In a food processor, mix cream cheese, caster sugar and lime juice and process until smooth. Add cooled jelly and mix.
- Whip cream and fold through cream cheese mix.
- Pour cream cheese mix into tin and refrigerate until set, at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove cheesecake from tin and garnish with poached pears and Jellyologist White Chocolate.
Lime Poached Pears - Peel pears, cut into quarters and remove cores. Cut each quarter in half again.
- Place pears in saucepan with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Check pears are tender but still hold shape.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.