A cheesecake twist on the dessert classic, this time making use of our own Espresso Martini jelly mix for a delightfully different filling. Adapted from Dish magazine's recipe.
All you need to know
- 75g melted butter
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso
- 200g plain chocolate biscuits
- 90ml Kahlua
- 10 Savoiardi biscuits
- 1 x packet Jellyologist Espresso Martini Espresso Jelly Mix
- 1 x packet Jellyologist Espresso Martini Milk Jelly Mix
- 400g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4C caster sugar
- 3/4C cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Dark chocolate garnish from Jellyologist Espresso Martini Jelly Kit
- Grease a 20cm springform cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Mix the melted butter and espresso granules together, then add to a food processor with the chocolate biscuits.
- Whizz until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour into the prepared tin and use the base of a glass to press it into the base and sides.
- Put in the fridge to chill.
- Pour the Kahlua into a small bowl. Briefly dip each Savoiardi biscuit into the Kahlua and place in a single layer on the biscuit crumb base.
- You will need to break a few biscuits in half to completely cover the base.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Whizz the mascarpone, cream cheese and sugar together in a food processor.
- Heat the reserved Kahlua liquid in the microwave until hot, about 30 seconds on high.
- Add 100ml boiling water to the Kahlua then empty in Jellyologist Espresso Jelly Mix & Jellyologist Milk Jelly Mix and stir until dissolved.
- Add the jelly mix to the cream cheese mixture and whizz until smooth.
- Pour over the Savoiardi-lined base and chill for at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Whisk the cream to firm peaks, then whisk in the vanilla and mascarpone.
- Top the cheesecake with the cream mixture and sprinkle with Jellyologist Dark Chocolate Garnish to serve.